Saturday, November 26, 2011

Giving Thanks

Well, Thanksgiving is over for another year but it will remain in pleasant memories for a long time to come. There were a few "firsts" this year. The 1st first was the apple pie that I made. It wasn't the first pie I've made but it was the first one that looked pretty.


I was told it was very good. I don't really like apple pie that much.

We went to Elizabeth and Ian's house for dinner and they cooked their first turkey and it was excellent.

Turkey before:


Turkey after:




Everything was so good and everyone had at least 3 favorites on the table. Nobody left hungry.




The beautiful weather continues here in eastern Massachusetts. Today the temperature reached 65 degrees. After we returned the grandchildren to N.H. and did a few errands I brought the spinning wheel out on the porch and finished up a progression BFL that I started a few weeks ago.



I had just finished when the mail lady delivered the November fiber club from Souther Cross fibers.
The fiber is falkland and the color way is Storm. I just grabbed an empty bobbin and started spinning.


This fiber is spinning up beautifully. It's the first time I've spun Falkland but it won't be the last. I only have 4 ozs. so I will try and get another 4 ozs. on Thursday in the update. I would like to do a 2 or 3 ply yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment