Saturday, November 12, 2011

Fall 2011




As much as I hate to see the summer gone, I do love the fall season. Somehow fall evokes in me a sense of renewal, of new beginnings. Probably its a throw back to my youth when, each September, starting back to school in a new grade left me feeling excited for the year ahead.


The about hat was knitted for my daughters  boyfriend from some hand spun. The yarn is Targhee wool hand dyed by Amy from Spunky Eclectic  in the Flannel color way. Targhee produces a very soft and smoochy yarn. Its a delight to spin and to knit.


The pattern that I used is called A Hat Fit for a Boyfriend by Stephanie Nicole. I love the decreases on this hat and plan to knit another hat that is fit for my husband from another hand spun yarn.








I love this yarn!



No comments:

Post a Comment